Barks' Brigitte money perfume idea for Scarpa

Paolo Castagno p.castagno at libero.it
Mon Nov 27 21:12:47 CET 2000

Hi Daniel,

...and congratulations for your firts story!!

> I've seen the money perfume idea at
> http://digilander.iol.it/inducks/Scarpa/Scarpa04.jpg
> and to me it looks like a Scarpa drawing.

Well, a little bit also to me, but it was the only item in the
whole exhibition having this sentence written on it: "Property of
Romano Scarpa", also it was the only one not signed by him!

So, I don't think Scarpa was going to make a "fake" Barks...
maybe he just "rebuilt" it the way it was????

> I didn't manage to find Scarpa's 1976 story "The Golden Bunch" at
> the Inducks search site. I took the title from the explanation in
> Uncle Scrooge 242. What is the Italian title?

I TL 1061-A and I TL 1061-A "Zio Paperone e il casco d'oro" from
March 1976, you can find it on TL 1061&1062, GCD 29 and PF 4

> Does the money perfume play an important role in the story?

Yes, it is produced by Gyro for the beagle boys who give it to
Brigitta. Their plan is simple: once US will be engaged with
Brigitta they'll have the chanche to attack the money bin. But DD
"saves" US from the marriage with Brigitta.

> "Gkkkkqzffjgmmmssfxxxwllvkkkski! Gckfpt!"
>
> (Which story?) :-)

...beats me.... it should be something Donald says when gets mad
at something... isn't it?

  - Paolo

http://members.xoom.it/inducks  mailto:p.castagno at libero.it

'Orrore! L'uomo scimmia e' qui! E io ho parlato male di lui!
Salvatemi!'
(Professor R. Leone in I TL  158-A)