Money Bin height

YMH@aol.com YMH at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 18:40:00 CET 2000

In a message dated 11/28/00 10:28:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> Yes, I go by the depth guage since that has been used so often, so clearly,
> I could hardly ignore it. And I think Barks' exterior views of the Bin have
> always looked like they were of an approximately 12 +- story structure. If
> anyone can think of how to also respect the 3 cubic acres of cash bit,

Well, here's the thing (and while I don't really have evidence to support
this, I don't think I've seen anything that contradicts it either...)

The way I've always imagined the Money Bin is with Scrooge's office on the
entry-level first floor, with the office leading in to the vault, most of
which (other than its upper-most story) is UNDERGROUND. Everything above the
first floor is offices and other random rooms.

Here's a kind of ASCII Picture. (It will only make sense if you mail viewer
uses a mono-space font; try copying it into Windows Notepad if you don't see
it right.)

 -------------------------
|                         |
| Offices and such        |