The Robin Hoods of the Web

Jonathan Markoff markoff2 at cais.com
Sun Oct 15 06:02:19 CEST 2000

"Should Disney comics be downloaded?" has been the main question for the
last few days. It seems to me that John Garvin's view is that Disney has
abused its property rights and violated moral laws, if not legal ones, so
its property rights desrve no respect. The best analogy I can thin of is
the Underground Railroad. Helping slaves to become free was illegal before
1861, but since slavery was an atrocity against humans, it was no moral
crime to break that law. Does this make sense?

--Jonathan Markoff