Gottfredson portfolio for sale

Ola Martinsson Ola.Martinsson at uab.ericsson.se
Mon Oct 23 10:09:13 CEST 2000

I have a friend that has three of those Gottfredson portfolios
containing the complete years of the Mickey Mouse daily newspaper
strips. This has been discussed earlier on this list so I hope you all
know what portfolio I'm referring to.
Anyhow these three are from the ones that Horst Schröder published some
years ago. They are loose papers in black and white and they are in a
red paper folder
He has the years 1937, 1944 and 1953 and he wants to sell them.
They are a little damaged from damp not so it can be seen directly but
if you bend the pack you notice that the papers don't follow the bending
until they give in for the bending power and suddenly bends over.
Also there are some red stains on the title paper and on the last paper
from the red paper folder I presume.

I and he has no idea of what can be an appropriate value for these
portfolios but we understand that they might have some value. It would
be interesting to know if anyone here on this list can help us with an
appropriate price for these.

If there is anyone that would be interested in buying these then please
contact me privately.

Ola in cloudy Stockholm +6 and calm