USA Gold Coins

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 15:55:59 CEST 2001

<<aybe you knew some, but I knew NONE.  I grew up in the typical American
 nuclear (that's noo-clee-ar, not nuke-you-lar) family of the 50's.  I went
 to school with everyone from white trash to Jewish American Princesses.
 I've never seen a gold coin outside of a collection.  My grandparents,
 uncles and aunts, who all lived from the 1890's onward, never carried gold
 coins around with them, if indeed they ever possessed any.>>

Wasn't there some law in the 1930s-1970s restricting private ownership of gold in the USA?

Steven Rowe