Scandinavian Poll , The Future

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 18 09:55:17 CEST 2001

Nils:
The ducks popularity in Scandinavia is really amazing!
To think they even make first page on a newspaper, plus
TV shows! Surely, when there's a  new "Astérix", the media
talk about it. But, I mean, the ducks are not Scandinavian
creations; there *was* a little something on Barks when he died,
but it was very little and-- weirdest of  all-- they kept repeating
he invented Donald (which is not true) but never said a word about
Uncle Scrooge! This is quite strange since often whenever French
people refer to a Disney character, it's either Mickey (standing for Disney)
or Scrooge (standing for nasty capitalism, or as a joke).
By the way, what kind of  Scandinavian comics do you have?

Thierry:
>>And Taliaferro/Gottfredson? This seldom happens.
I'd *love* to!
But:
     1/    I'm desperate to find an anthology of  Taliaferro's strips in English
     2/   There are two few Mouse strips that have been allowed to be reprinted.
            I am the very fortunate owner of  an anthology of  the dailies, and would
            gladly talk about them, but it could be only with a very few people (David
            for sure; who else?), and I'd hate to tease everyone else with discussions
            they can't follow about strips they might never be able to read.
            (Yes, I intend to scan a few strips, but it takes a lot of  time to scan them--
            the image rarely runs parallel to the paper so it take several scans to get it
            right-- and to clean them up-- as sharp and as true b&w as possible , not
            fuzzy dark gray & yellowish white)

Have a nice day!
(Not that nice here in Paris weatherwise: gray, rainy, cold)

Olivier