Harry's off-topic queries

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Apr 18 17:08:59 CEST 2001

Don:

> I had no way to conveniently read these old stories myself,
> as they were spread through about a dozen fanzines and 150 newspaper
> clippings! Now I have these 2 lovely hardbacks!

I bought both books for that same reason.

H> Episodes 128-133
H> Two pages, which were only 2/3 filled in the original, were
H> taken together as one page in the [RBCC and] DRCS reprint.

> I, myself, am not sure why there are those partial pages in
> the new hardbacks.

The pages look complete (including page numbering), but there are only 2
strips on a page in stead of 3. Maybe there was something else filling the
space in the original?

> - a (unpublished?) cover illustrating "The Black Knight";
> - cover of RBCC #148, "in King Arthur's court!";
> - poster-format strip (5 x 4 panels) advertising RBCC 148.
>
> I guess they might have published those last three items if I
> had told Nils
> about them. I guess I didn't since I knew he had no plans to print the
> covers of DRC&S

Why not? It's this kind of extra stuff that makes "definitive" editions
(extra) interesting to me. Like the Carl Barks Library, which is mainly
interesting because of all the extra material in it!

> do you have the special poster that they printed as
> an extra for people who bought the books through Tronsmo?

No, I don't. I understood that I had to pay a considerable amount of extra
money for that, and I thought the poster was not in scale with the money.

--Harry.