DCML digest, Vol 1 #484 - 13 msgs

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:59:31 CEST 2001

Melanie:

Welcome abroad! Happy to hear that you appreciated my
Taliaferro site.

Olivier wrote:

>>But, I mean, the ducks are not Scandinavian
>>creations; there *was* a little something on Barks when
>>he died,
>>but it was very little and-- weirdest of all-- they kept
>>repeating he invented Donald (which is not true) but
>>never said a word about Uncle Scrooge!

And Timo Ronkainen replied:

>Really!? In France? In Finland information was correct and
>the death of Barks was mentioned in all major prime time
>news.

I have collected the various notifications, articles etc.
that appeared in newspapers, the Internet and TV when Barks
died that I could find (not only from France, but in all
countries)
http://mailotron.forez.com/coa/barks/news.html

It seems to me that most French medias did a good work
(except maybe Le Monde which was very disapointing - only a
few lines). Most of the time they refered to Barks as "The
*real* father of Donald" which is a statement I can't
disagree with.

 Favio