Witch

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Wed Apr 18 20:09:01 CEST 2001

From: "Anders Christian Siveb¾k" <anders_sivebaek at nns.dk>

> I forgot to tell that I saw commercials for that witch magazine on the
> back of and on a poster with some of the comics I bought in Rome. But it
> didn't interest me so much, as it was obviously for girls, and looked as
> japanese Manga to me, and I saw some of that, japanese disney stories,
and
> as said long ago I didn't like what they did to Barks. But is it a good
> magazine? Should I have bought one, if I had stumbled over it?

Well, it depends on your tastes of course.
I bought it, and I liked it. The art mainly, great Alessandro Barbucci's
art, and IMHO, as I said, he gives his best when not dealing with ducks.
I've never seen Japanese disney stories, but I might understand that
feeling you might have had... this acn't happen here because they're not
"japanizing" existing characters, the'yre just making up new ones. (And
Francesco Artibani's script is quite good, considering it's aimed for
little girls, which I'm not :-)