DCML digest, Vol 1 #501 - 7 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Apr 23 12:45:24 CEST 2001

KEVIN:

> You have invoked the Third Reich.  Godwin's Law, which originated online and
> governs flame wars, now applies.  You have just lost this argument.

Does this mean that we have now reached this point in a discussion where
it degenerates into a discussion of Godwin's law?

OLAF:

(Re: Barks' wife's name)

> I have read somewhere
> that her name is Garθ, but I would love to have that one confirmed.

It was Gare' (different accent mark, I won't even bother trying to
type the accented character from my Greek set-up, which converted e`
to theta). I believe that this was short for "Margaret".

Does anyone know the name of Barks' *first* wife? All I know is that
Barks first marriage ended in a painful divorce, and that his bad
experience with lawyers during the divorce procedures inspired the
character of Sharky in "The Golden Helmet".

> I promise that my story will contain tons of sweet details.

Although this is something to look forward to for us older fans, make
sure that the story does not hinge on them, and that someone unfamiliar
with them will stil enjoy it.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"When you're looking for a needle in a haystack, it's easy to clutch at straws."
-----