Howard the Duck / Leonard the Duck

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 19:28:33 CEST 2001

In a message dated 4/25/01 11:49:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dcml-request at stp.ling.uu.se writes:

> Howard the Duck wears trousers.
> I understand that he does so to look less like Donald, because of Disney

Disney also made them (Marvel) change the beak as well as his pants.
  the Leonard the Duck comment above is because the creator of Howard (Steve
Gerber) put him in the wittness protection program, and he is now under  a
differnent name under Steve's wing.  While a clone is operating at Marvel as
"Howard" (or so I recall, hey, those super-hero comics do get a bit
convulated and complicated).

Steven Rowe