Duckburg's postal code

Donald Markstein dmarkstein at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 26 12:14:48 CEST 2001

> Forwarding a question from a friend: Does anybody know Duckburg's postal
> code?
> (Perhaps it is given in the stamp collector story - or does it just say
> "Duckburg, Calisota?")
>
> Cheers,
> Kristian

If it's given anywhere, that isn't the place. The U.S. Zip Code was still at
least ten years in the future when that story came out. It could have had
two digits representing a so-called "zone" within a city, e.g., "Duckburg
23, Calisota", as that system was long established by then, but not what we
currently understand as a postal code.

By the way, a week or so ago, somebody said he was absolutely certain there
was more than one mention of Calisota in Barks. I don't think there was any
reply, and it's been bugging me. If anyone knows of one besides the postage
stamp story, I'd like to hear it. I still remember seeing it there for the
first time. "So -- THAT'S where Duckburg is!" (Yeah, I'm so old, I remember
when that was esoteric knowledge.)

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary. What's today?
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm