Italian favorites, Barks celebration stories

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Fri Apr 27 12:28:38 CEST 2001

HARRY + PETRI:

> > way how DD and US act is quite terrible and raises a feel of
> > rage in to my minf. [...]
> > they had been greedy, rude to HDL and tried to cheat [...]
>
> This is the kind of things that I dislike the most about Italian
> stories. [...]

Really? The fact that they do act rude sometimes give them more
personality and they appear less polished as is the case nowadays.

> I have the impression that it's mostly Martina who wrote stories
> like that. [...]

That might be, and let me give you perhaps the worst/best example that
supports this theory:

I TL 604-A, "Zio Paperone e il biliardo da un miliardo" written by the
same Martina and drawn by "master of quarrels" Giulio Chierchini.

In this story Scrooge, Donald and Ludwig litteraly *steals* gold coins
hidden within an old billiard table. The Beagle Boys take photos of the
event and try to blackmail the ducks, but that's about all the illegal
thing they do. At the end the Beagles go to jail, and Scrooge gets "his"
gold coins.

Despite the obvious "unfairness" of the story, I love it! :-)

BTW, notice the "North By Northwest"-house in the splash panel... ;-)

Søren