Rude ducks and Gladstone story

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Sat Apr 28 00:47:11 CEST 2001

ARI (Hi!):
>Søren:
>> Really? The fact that they do act rude sometimes give them more
>> personality and they appear less polished as is the case nowadays.
> True. Although, I remember really *hating* these stories as a child,
> Scrooge was always so mean. Luckily, there was also Paperinik-stories
> where Donald had his revenge.

This is exactly why I like these old Paperinik-stories. Donald dresses as
Paperinik to get advantage to himself: bugging Gladstone, Scrooge and
Rockerduck, getting his debts erased. Then he transformed to to a regular
hero (with nice weapons though) who tries to protect Duckburg. One of the
best examples of this is Il doppio trionfo di Paperinik (I TL  822-A)
where Donald steals a jewel from Rockerduck so he wouldn't have to spend
time with Scrooge. When Scrooge is caught with the stolen object, DD again
helps Scrooge by stealing it and making fun of Rockerduck. The story ends
with everybody agreeing that Rockerduck who was the lawful owner of the
jewel isn't worth it and going to release Scrooge from jail. And everyone
thinks justice is done. This story goes a bit too far even for me.

> (Oh, these stories really raise anger in children. They are awfully
> harmful, clearly encourage violence, and should therefore be banned!
> :-) )
Yes, I have grown to be a violent psychopat because of these stories. Now
where were my little pink pills? :-)

Harry:
> When I get the chance, I'll read I TL 270-A (maybe in German or so), and
> see if I get that overwhelming feeling you are talking about... 8-)

Heh, probably an overwhelming feeling of something else than what I had.
DD and US are really mean in this story, _really_ mean. But you better
read it yourself.

TIMO:
>Petri:
>> Who wouldn't? :-) BTW. When are we going to see these celebration
>> stories in print? I can hardly wait.
> First one in Finland was just printed in Aku Ankka (17). It was
> Ferioli's Gladstone Gander -story. I think it was great. Surprisingly
> great. He did the script himself, and it was quite barksian story. It
> had couple of references to old Barks-stories and to at least one
> money bin -painting.  Wonderful. And he drew ducks quite well.

Yes, I noticed as I came at my parents for the weekend (Aku Ankka comes
here). A very nice story indeed, both story and art. Hope we see more of
Feriolis ducks in the future.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
"Elämä muodostaa komplekseja."