Perego's work for "export"

Marco Barlotti marcobar at ds.unifi.it
Sun Aug 5 14:41:08 CEST 2001

fantasmi neri&quot;, I TL 466-B):<br>
The Inducks currently reports that the TM 27 reprint (which came out in<br>
1994) is 40 pages long, exactly like the original version - which seems to<br>
imply that no addition was made (maybe Marco Barlotti can
I indexed TM 27 using xerox copies of the issue index (!), kindly provided
by Frank Stajano. So I haven't ever seen that reprint of the story. Page
count for the TM 27 reprint is taken from the original version, hence it
gives no real information.<br>
However it would be VERY strange tha a censored verison would not be reused
in later reprints...!<br><br>
strange, though, that the Finnish editors had an Italian artist perform
such<br>
Not at all! We have many examples of Perego's changes done for
&quot;abroad&quot;, probably commissioned by Mondadori but just for reuse
of the Italian stories in foreign countries. By &quot;we&quot; I mean the
members of this DCML: I remember examples being given here through the
years.<br><br>
I can quote in truth only ONE such example, that is<br><br>
Archimede e il signor Scherzo<br>
/Chendi/Scala/Bottaro<br>
40/Archimede burlone/Archimede; QQQ, Zio Paperone, Paperino, Paperina, Edi<br>
[ristampe: CWD 27, CD 49, GCD 147, DT 3]<br><br>
replaced by 3 or 4 panels drawn by Perego.<br>
But I am sure that other examples were given...<br><br>
Note: I have checked (directly or indirectly) every Italian reprint of I TL
385-A and nowhere the Perego panels where included. This shows that censors
around Europe do not always think alike...<br><br>