Re Fabio Blanco in #637 (HD&L Duck)

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 18:49:38 CEST 2001

Fabio wrote:
>I like know if this is a true fact. They are mention as "Huey
>Duck, Dewey Duck and Louie Duck" in some story ? Pure curiosity...

What I KNOW, is that they're mentioned as Huey Duck, Dewey Duck and Louie
Duck in Don Rosa's Duck family tree. It all depends on what you define to be
"true". Remember that no matter what you read, it may be "true" only in one
writer's head. If someone wrote a story revealing that Donald actually is an
alien and had sixteen children (all in different colors), would you think of
that as true?

I also recall a story where Donald tries to make the boys do something so
that he can read the newspaper without being disturbed. But no matter what
they do, they can't seem to do it without bothering a particular man (they
stand on each side of a road playing "phone" with two empty boxes and a
string and he snubles (aah! I CAN'T remember the correct word) over the
string, they lay out a wallet with a string which he picks up and they drag
in the string so that he falls, they paint a picture of Donald and sends it
up in a balloon and it falls down in this man's face). In the end of the
story, the four of them (HDL & Donald) are called down to the courthouse,
and when they are called into the courtroom, the man calling them in says
"Duck, Duck, Duck and Duck".

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think that often when HDL has been skipping
school, they have been mentioned as the Duck-kids.

I don't know if Carl Barks ever used the Duck-name.

But - a possibillity is that Donald have adopted them, and they have taken
HIS name. A sister of my grandfather was raised in another family than her
own, and she took that family's last name. But I don't like that to be
"true".

Ciao!

-olaf-