Tatting by Daisy Duck

Daniel Rusch-Fischer tatmeister at home.com
Sat Dec 8 09:51:37 CET 2001

I am trying to locate a reference to the subject of tatting (a type of
lacemaking) for my home page:
http://www.tribbler.com/tatman/
I have an extensive list of references to tatting that have occurred in
various literature from 1842
to date; many of them have come from hearsay sources that I have followed
for years. There have
reportedly been several Disney tatting references and so far I have only
located one of these from
the 1949 cartoon "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" and I have a video capture of
it on my site at:
http://www.tribbler.com/tatman/ select menu Misc/Misc Info/In Print scroll
to 1949 Click on link.

Another sighting states (please take with a grain of salt as character &
date could be wrong) that
a 1960-70's Donald Duck comic book has Daisy Duck making tatting for a
church bazaar. My
question is: has anyone on this list ever seen a Disney comic book that has
any character doing or
referring to tatting and if so, do they have an accurate citation and/or
copy/scan (Walt Disney Inc.
has readily given permission to use items) to share,

Many thanks,
=o)
Dan the Tatmeister