Service - WWII in Barks stories.

Simo Malinen malines at iobox.fi
Thu Feb 1 13:42:20 CET 2001

>WWII is never mentioned in Don Rosa or Carl Barks stories.

There is one more indirect reference of WWII in Carl Barks
WDC 84, Walz King -story. On the pages 7 and 8 Donald is
planning to attack a big man on a bus stop:

DD: "I'll give him the flying arm-lock that I learned in commando school!"

As a result, the big man is running away and yelling:

The Big Man: "What ran into me - A Tiger tank?"

The Walz King -story was drawn in 1947 - so it's quite obvious
that "Tiger tank" means the infamous WWII German Tiger -tank.
(So the big man Donald beat up be was a war veteran?)

Donald might be delirious, but could the mention about commando
school be at least a hint of his action during WWII?

 - Simo Malinen
   malines at iobox.fi