Volcano Valley

Thierry Fernand favio31 at caramail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:11:21 CET 2001

>I have no idea who Andre Franquin is. Is he the same person as the
>French artist known as Franquin, the artist of a lazy character at
>a big office? (In the Netherlands, this character is called "Guust
>Flater".)
>
>When was "Spirou and Fantasio" made? Before or after "Volcano Valley"?

The tank episode in Spirou and Fantasio is from 1948, 2 years after Volcano Vally, but "Volcano" wasn't published
in France (or Belgium) before 1962. Anyway Franquin's story is quite different from Barks': Spirou and Fantasio do
not travel to a foreign country (but instead annoy everyone with their tank in the streets. more humorous than
adventurous I woudl say).

 Favio