digest #403

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri Feb 9 14:58:47 CET 2001

From: Thomas Barry <thomasbarry2001 at yahoo.co.uk>
>>>Don Rosa: thank you so much for the new LoS episode.
It is one of the greatest LoS chapter story I have
ever read.

Thank you!  But where did you see it?

From: "timo ronkainen" <timoro at hotmail.com>
>>>Finnish Post will publish five stamps to celebrate Finnish Aku Ankka´s
50th
anniversary. Stamps features art by Rosa and Barks.

Yes, they just told me about that yesterday! Two of the stamps will be from
my "Kalevala" story, as one might expect. I see the link you provided which
I'm hoping shows the stamps... I'm gonna hurry there for a peek as soon as
I send this off.
By the way, I wonder why Di$ney allowed this? Y'know the story of how the
US Post Office wanted to include Mickey Mouse in their "100th Anniversary
of Comics" series, but Di$ney refused permission unless they received a
stout royalty on the sales of all of the stamps in the government-issue
set. Bless their hearts.

To "Kenneth Glendinning"
Please stop re-quoting other people's *entire* messages in your own --
there's no point in that. It's another "annoying trait". Thanks.