Fido

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Fri Feb 16 11:19:02 CET 2001

	ETA, RICH and others...

	People are asking about Donald's dog "Fido"...
	No, he isn't the same as Bolivar. For reasons unknown to me, Bolivar
and Behemoth were dropped from the Donald daily strip around 1950 and
replaced with Fido, a rather generic spaniel-type dog. Originally shaded so
he was white with black ears, but I've seen him colored any which way in
various reprints (including some dailies in recent Egmont weeklies).
	The bloodhound, Plasma, whom Eta found is a different character.

	Best,
	David