Assorted curses (TOT=terribly OT)

Kevin Clark magicianzero at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 17 02:40:20 CET 2001

>From: "Stefan Persson" <reimersholme at hotmail.com>
>To: "Becca Ridout" <skyrat13 at hotmail.com>, <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
>Subject: Re: Assorted curses (TOT=terribly OT)
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:53:58 +0100

Who is, I assume, "Black Peter", the origin of bad children waking up to
find coal in their stockings on Christmas morning (the coal being a warning
that, next year, if the kid didn't improve, Peter would take them to his
coal mine).

The Pete in question, however, is probably St. Peter.

Cheers,
Kevin Clark