service

Wouter Wouter at agroweb.nl
Sun Jan 28 13:38:23 CET 2001

> When reading a timeline of the Duck world, I saw that many real events
took
> place like the depression and Theadore Roosevelt and his rogh riders
charge.
> Does anybody think that WWII ever happened and if it did, did Donald or
> Gladstone ever go off to sea and fight?

WWII is never mentioned in Don Rosa or Carl Barks stories. Don Rosa is the
one who lets the Ducks make most contact with the real world, which I like a
lot.
WWII might be too sensitive and too short ago for use in a story and there
just wasn't any need for it in Dons' storys.
My guesses are:
I think Donald and Gladstone were to young at the time of  WWII. Scrooge
might have made some money out of the war.

There are Disney cartoons and newspapercomics made and written during the
war, in which Donald Duck lives during the war and has to cope with
shortness of supplies and stuff.

Since Scrooge seemed to be very good