Daniel: new site

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Jan 29 17:08:32 CET 2001

Daniël:

> > This mailing list is about Disney comics. Not about the basics of
> > designing a web page.

> This mailing list also isn't about attacking other people's sites,
> neither about spelling correcting.

The spelling correcting is one of my annoying habits, which I can't suppress
sometimes. I think a website (and an e-mail message) should at least have
*some* level of readability. In Kenneth's first mails, it was way below what
I consider the minimum for readability.
(I ddon't mind typos or spelling mistakes if they keep the message readable!
As the previous sentence shows. 8-)

About attacking other people's sites: I really felt insulted. So I attacked
the thing that attacked me.

There have been some schools where they had lectures about the internet. The
teacher taught the children to make a web site and get as many visitors as
possible.
One trick to get many visitors is first to complain on a mailing list "why
don't people get answers to their mails", and then post a link to your site
on that mailing list "go visit this, it's interesting".

When Kenneth did just that, and also admitted that he is not going to use an
HTML editor or won't start learning HTML, I could only conclude that he was
doing what I described above.

Fortunately, I noticed that Kenneth's recent mails are on-topic and
improving. So his website may grow to an interesting site too...

> Best wishes,

Are you sure?

--Harry.