Don, US and WWII

Paolo Castagno p.castagno at libero.it
Tue Jan 30 11:18:16 CET 2001

Don Rosa wrote:

> the stuff in my "private mental
> notes" pertaining to my personal view of the Barks Duck Universe: I've said
> that $crooge retired for 10 years until 1947 (though I hear that that time
> period was shortened to only 5 years in some translations). My idea there
> was always that $crooge, being disgusted with the world situation and
> certainly NOT wanting to make a penny profit off the war or wartime
> economy, retired and closed down his businesses in 1937 when he saw it
> coming.

And, for what it is worth, I agree 100% with Don's point of view on this subject: it is nice to think of a Scrooge with his own political ideas, but it is also good to think of a Scrooge who doesn't make profit from the dramatic situation the world was running into.

An excellent plot for a great story, Don... too bad there will never be a chance to see it!

  - Paolo

http://members.xoom.it/inducks  mailto:p.castagno at libero.it

'Senza Minnie tutti i miei sogni sono diventati incubi... Apro il gas e la faccio finita!'
(Topolino in YM 003)