Paintings & Covers

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 1 19:18:00 CEST 2001

Hello everyone!

Does anyone know Harry Balm and have a few scans of  his paintings?
Dreidreizehn (http://www.dreidreizehn.de/) announces Egmont will publish
with 30 paintings by him in August, but the cover is much too small (it's a
thumbnail).
And does anyone know anything about the Barks covers portfolio Egmont
is publishing in July? Are they reproductions of  the original comic book covers?
Or Reproductions from the original, with the same color as the original cover,
or new color? Or black & white?

Speaking of  covers, IMHO, the text on the covers was by the editors.
They are just too much like marketing eye-catching phrases. It also fits
Also, on his cover sketches, Barks wrote titles (several versions, sometimes);
if  he did write some of  these texts, I guess he would have written them on each
sketch (or several propositions in the margin or  whatever), or would have
left space for them.
ex: "The Queen of  the Wild Dog Pack"
      The final layout looks as if  it was made to accomodate the text.
      But there is no such space in the other sketches, nor on the sketches
      for other covers.

Thanks for any information.
Have a nice week-end!

Olivier

Off-topic PS:

Yossi:
>>think the MONKEY ISLAND series, if any of you are familiar with that
Yep, I know "Monkey island" and LucasArts' great adventure games, Yossi!
("Maniac Mansion", "Day of  the Tentacle", "Sam 'n' Max, ... )                      : )