DCML digest, Vol 1 #559 - 15 msgs

Georges Fante grangemalade at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 19:09:26 CEST 2001

John Garvin wrote:

>I argue that some of Barks best, most inspired,
>most creative work, came from his painting years,
>NOT his comics years.

In my humble opinion, you're wrong. As Barks himself
said in an interview conducted by Geoffrey Blum, his
comic book stories are the work he will be most
remembered of ("definitely"). That is also my opinion.
I have nothing against the paintings except that they
are too much sophisticated and "lêchées" for me. In
Barks' oils, I don't see the poetry I see in Barks'
comic book stories.

  Georges Fante