All our emotional problems

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Wed Jun 13 07:36:58 CEST 2001

DON:

> Well, I *was* pleased that you had liked the story, and I was going to
> thank you...but you went on to phrase the compliment in a seeming
> "excuse" for your liking the story, due to a lack of Barksian
> references, which didn't make sense.

Ah, but no reason to explicitly "thank" me :-) (you surely have better
things to do), anyways...

It was simply the only explanation I could come up with. Rob used the
term "[...] not slavishly tied to the information Barks provided in
previous stories [...]", and this is exactly how I read this story.

The two outer extremes are 1) Everything is "steered" by old Barks
events and 2) Everything is steered by you (the author) nomatter how
many elements and references there are to older Barks facts etc.

Your latest story is of "type 2" IMO and that's why I enjoyed reading
it. I even appreciate its inconsistence with "The Coin", where the
Beagles apparantly manage to find the right way through the money bin in
less than ten panels. :-)

Søren