For Dan Shane

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Jun 15 18:54:37 CEST 2001

DAN SHANE, 14-06-2001:

> But, it's okay for Daniel and others to chime in with a "Me, too" if
> someone expresses displeasure with something Don has said.  (And
> then tags on a hypocritical "Best wishes" at the end of his
> stone-throwing session as if it meant anything.)

I don't understand why you focus on my name in your example. I disagree
with your description of me as a stone-throwing person.

About my "best wishes" signature: it accompanies all of my DCML emails.
I wish everyone the best, so I've never been concerned about which of my
emails can or cannot be accompanied with "best wishes" as signature.

Maybe it's an improper or strange way of greeting people in English?
If so, I will change it into something else. I welcome any advice on this.

> In spite of name-calling and poor sportsmanship on the part of some,
> I've always been willing to let such matters drop when a request was made
> for information or even a scan or two (are you reading this, Daniel?),
> because it seemed the "professional" and "neighborly" thing to do.

I very much appreciated receiving that scan and I still appreciate it.
Not only because of the scan itself, but especially because I received
it from you. We've had a disagreement or two in the past and so I was
very thankful to see that those matters between us indeed could be
dropped, and that we could still have a friendly communication.

Therefore I already intended to give you some issues of the money bin
blueprint story as soon as it is published here in The Netherlands.
(I noticed that you are interested in receiving foreign copies of
that story.) I hope you will accept these comics from me, and I also
hope that we can continue communicating on a friendly basis.

Best wishes,

--- Daniel