571: oils as covers 573:stories

Ari Seppi mani at sci.fi
Sun Jun 17 10:32:14 CEST 2001

Pascal Oost:

> I'm curious: who owns the copyrights to these Barks-paintings? Did Egmont
> buy them for the danish weekly, or did Disney buy them so all
> Disney-licensees can use them?

Aren't they a part of Disney's "we own everything" -license? At least
several of them have been reprinted in many countries, see
http://stp.ling.uu.se/~starback/dcml/inducks/files/stories/barks-oils.stories
(In addition to that list, many of Barks oils have also been reprinted in
Finland, apparently the Finnish ones were not inducksed at the time of that
file's generation).

--
Ari Seppi (mani at sci.fi)
Erittäin fanaattinen Disney-sarjakuvien ja Harry Potter -kirjojen palvoja