Don: A 5th solution / Avatars | Anders Christian: Kentucky

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:48:31 CEST 2001

Don Rosa wrote:
>I've planned on *trying* to do this story ever since I first suggested it
>(and was rejected) to Gladstone in 1988. I'll hope I can do it until I *do*
>do it... but I'm not sure when. The problem is that there's no possible
>happy ending, not that I have thus far been able to figure out.

In the ways you describe it, you're right about the "no-happy-ending". But
what about a flashback? A story about the circumstances (that MUST be at
least one typo!) around HD&L's birth? I also imagine this story can be used
to show your theory about Mr. Duck being Daisy's brother. I also imagine
that in a story like this, it would be a good thing to let Mr. Duck and
Della visit Donald in Duckburg, bringing HIS sister Daisy, which there meets
Donald (or even funnier; Gladstone), falls in love and moves to Duckburg.
Just a thought.

On Friday, I had my final exam in high school. The subject was religion and
ethics, and in my answer I mentioned the ten avatars. I had some stuff on
them from a school book, but mainly I took the information from the story
"The Ten Avatars". This, among other things, gave me a 6, which is the best
"karakter" (sorry, forgot the English word) in Norway. So Thank You, Don
Rosa, you have now also in a not-comic-form made my life better, as this
helped on my overall "karakter". (I have to do something about my English
one day)

I know nothing about Kentucky. I've never been there, I don't know any
kentuckians personally, so my Kentucky knowledge equals a circular number
once invented in India a long time ago. All that I said about Kentucky was
fetched from what Don Rosa and Dan Shane said earlier on the list. Anyway,
that Kentucky thing was not a big thing in that mail. My entire point about
bringing in Kentucky was to say that I didn't think Duckburg at all looks
like Kentucky in the Kentucky picture Don Rosa used to defend that Della
could have been very, very young getting HD&L, using Kentucky as his
example. I hope I didn't take the wrong words out of your mouth now, Don!
(anyhow, I DID understand that the cousin-thing was a joke.)