DCML digest, Vol 1 #578 - 13 msgs

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jun 18 12:19:34 CEST 2001

SHELLEY:

> By the way, I hate the stuff Heinlein wrote at the end of his career. In my
> opinion, the first half of "Stranger in a Strange Land" was vintage
> Heinlein, which took a weird turn halfway through, and I never really liked
> anything he wrote afterward.

Although I've read "Stranger in a Strange Land", I can't say I was
particularly impressed. On the other hand, I'd recommend two of his later
books "Time Enough For Love" and "I Will Fear No Evil". I'd even go as far
as claiming that "Time Enough For Love" is one of the best SF books ever.
I guess there's no accounting for taste.

> I'm curious: are Duck fans also sci-fi fans? Or is it just a few of us?

Well, there's at least two of us. The question has popped up before,
so I guess there are even more. Last time we discussed it, someone
mentioned that it takes the same amount of suspension of disbelief to
read stories about spaceships travelling through the galaxy as it takes
to read stories about talking ducks and mice!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Time and Time Lords wait for no man."