sodapop

Anders Christian Sivebaek acsive at mail.mira.dk
Mon Jun 18 20:33:12 CEST 2001

Hi
Is that the word, sodapop? I ended my last mail with it.
In the mentioned Kodex it's said that you can never show the chrecters
drinking wine, bear or anything stronger. You should show them drinking
lemonade or sodapop or something not damaging (how about teeth - when
talking about sodapop... :-)). Especially in Sweden this formed a large
tradition of the known fact that ducks drink Läskebläsk, a possible
mixture of lemonade and sodapop. In Denmark I'm not sure we have that
tradition - the frontpage of Duckburg Times, which is shown from time
to time in the scandinavian weeklies, has ads for the drink from time
to time. The danish version tries to introduce (?) sodapop cola or
something.
I wonder if the known fact in Sweden originates in a barks-story, maybe
even the boxing story where Donald has been drinking much too much
sodapop, and the competitor is drinking milk from a strong siberian cow
or something.
I remember a gag from the danish translation of A little Something
Special (Don's Scrooge-50th-jubilee-story), where Donald wonders if
someone has put strong stuff in the lemonade at the party donwhill. The
way he says that, and the remembering of lemoande and soda being the
only things that are drunk (?) in Duckburg makes that very funny. I
wonder if the original has just the same pun in it?

A. C. Sivebaek
acsive at mail.mira.dk