Italian Caballero's comics...

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Jun 21 13:28:17 CEST 2001

Luca:

> Well, I want to notice that the Walt Kelly's story in  Zio
> Paperone # 141 is VERY, VERY important.
> this "Three Caballeros" is the original, long,
> rare version. Unavailable from an ald "Albi d'Oro" from the Italian
> newsstands, now at its first "popular" reprinting from when
> it come out.

Inducks also mentions a reprint in Capolavori Disney 5, 1992. But I guess
you exclude these collector's books from "popular" printings.

> even the two parts USA reprint, in WDC&S, was
> an "edited version"... And I have no idea from how many years the Walt
> Kelly's original version is not available anymore in ANY country...

The story was reprinted in the Dutch weekly in 1980, and twice after that,
in albums. The panels were re-arranged to 5 tiers per page. But I think the
story is complete.

--Harry.