The weekly

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Jun 21 13:38:59 CEST 2001

Olaf:

> I guess most of you read the same weekly as I do. I mean, not
> the SAME - but
> the same comics, the same articles, the same contests... only
> in a different language.

Actually, only the Scandinavian weeklies look much alike. The Italian,
French, Dutch, Brazilian, Greek periodicals are very different! Even the
German and Finnish weeklies have many differences with the Scandinavian
ones.
(And I won't mention the USA periodicals...)

> - The cover should, instead of being a funny gag, be more
> like a WDC-cover.

As far as I remember, most WDC covers were funny gags! (WDC being "Walt
Disney's Comics & Stories")

> - The Mickey Mouse comics should be removed and placed in the
> Mickey Mouse Magazine. Mickey
> has NOTHING to do in the DD-weekly - all they have in common
> is Walt Disney.

The Dutch weekly contains stories with all kinds of characters, including
ducks, mice, wolves, parrots, witches.
To my taste, they print too *few* Mickey stories.

BTW, in Germany the weekly is called "Micky Maus". It would be strange to
have NO Mickey story in there at all!

> - It should be at least one Carl Barks-story in each weekly.

I have read all Barks stories many times. I'm not waiting for a re-reprint
of those stories!

> - The silly articles should be removed - except from the ones
> explaining things in the comics.
> - I like the contest, but I think it should be Duckburg-related.

I don't really have an opinion on these two.

> I want your opinions.

And here you have them. 8-)

--Harry.