Magica's italian story!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Thu Jun 21 21:37:09 CEST 2001

Ok, problems with the mailign list, here it goes again... :)

> Theresa Wiegert :
> >"I just saw a silhuette of Magica on a broomstick. I miss her, have to go
> >find some old stories with her. Is there another Magica fan out there who
> >has some tip on a really good Magica story to read? please tell me!"

 Magica?! Magica de Speel?!

 This makes me remember an I-coded story with Magica that's one of my
 favorite Italy stories of all!

 "Amelia in: Un Amore di Strega"
 I TP 2113-1
 Written by Angelo Palmas and with Alessandro Barbuci's art

 I loved to see how much Magica's personality is developed on this story!
 She's not JUST triyng to get's Scrooge's first dime, she has a LIFE in
fact!
 Ok, i't's clear that the real objective of her life is to get this coin,
but
 it's so funny to see her remenber the "life behind the coin"! I specially
 liked the "italianization" intro on the story! I suppose this story
 represent's more than a "italy people steriotyped", as the brazilian Zé
 Carioca's ones! It'the vision of the italian people by the italian artists
 thenselves, am I right?

 In fact, I suppose the italian Disney artists has the chance to do with
 Magica the same the brazilian artists did with Zé Carioca, since she is an
 italian, I think she can be developed in great ways, as this story did. I
 ask to the italian members around here if you know others Magica's italian
 stories as tthis one, that develops her personality and the fact she is a
 italian witch?

 Fernando!