DUCKS AND "THE ILIAD."

Dr. Archontis Pantsios apantsio at ac.anatolia.edu.gr
Thu Jun 28 12:33:45 CEST 2001

ARMANDO to MARK:

> > One of the earliest Duck stories that I enjoyed was from a Greek issue
of
> > MIKY MAOYS from about 1966. It was probably translated from an Italian
> > story. It was a loose adaptation of the "Iliad," [...]
> > Does anyone know of this story? Is it indexed?
>
> Sure! It's an Italian story, indeed: "Paperiade", written by Guido Martina
> and drawn by Luciano Bottaro, first appeared in "Topolino" #202-204
(1959).
> There's no Greek reprint indexed so far, but maybe Archontis can provide
> more info?

This story has been re-printed in KLASIKA, and I have a copy of it from one
of my visits to Athens 2 years ago. I can't recall the issue #, but Kriton
may have it handy since I remember discussing this story with him.

TO MARK:

Please get in touch with me; if and when I locate a copy of the KLASIKA
issue re-printing that story, I'll make sure to get it for you.

Cheers,

Archontis

Archontis L. Pantsios, Ph.D.
Assistant Academic Dean & Associate Professor of Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki, GREECE
tel.: +30 31 398 228