Goody's father

Nils Lid Hjort nils at math.uio.no
Thu Mar 1 23:57:25 CET 2001

One more goofy question: I remember that in a Goofy & Mickey
story from the mid 1950-ies, Goofy to the gentle surprise of
the reader mentions his own father. Goofy says that his father
bought the ownership to Brooklyn Bridge "fifty years ago".
This is the Norwegian version I remember.

(Later in the story it emerges that Goofy's father had been
conned. Someone had bought the bridge the day before Goofy's
father did it. Goofy then, 50 years later, buys the bridge
of this person.)

I wonder which story this is, i.e. what is the American original,
and does it really say these things about Goofy's father?
(As we know, most of Duckburg lives by an uncle-nephew
and aunt-niece system. So Goofy is different, after all.)

Nils Lid Hjort