Comparing:Scrooge and Don Rosa

UNDBKB@aol.com UNDBKB at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 15:45:32 CET 2001

I can not but think of Uncle Scrooge's fame in his home town of Duckburg,
and not compare it to that of Don Rosa's (fame) in Louisville.
Though Don does not have a money bin, he does have a very impressive
home surrounded by extensive land and fencing (no booby traps that I know
of). He is a recluse, in his own right, but still has his close "family" and
friends.
He walks the streets of Duckburg, er..Louisville.. when he goes to the Public
Library for FREE references on a story he is writing. People do NOT know him.
The same is true for the most part when he walks around conventions in the
U.S.  He occaisionally is greeted by a few people, often Europeans are more
likely to say hello.  Like Scrooge, I think Don likes it this way. Both are
able to control their situations.
   Though Don does not have a money bin, he does have his stored up
treasures, and he is constatntly seeking more (aren't we all).  He does have
that same Midas touch, in that he can create wealth ( by drawing and writing
a new story).  They both like to travel, and both have many objects from
early in their lives. ( I do not think Don still has his first Dime, but you
never know!)
Both are very well versed on History, and can relate experiences they have
had, while  traveling. Both are self-made.  I am sure I could think of other
similarites, but I will stop before I make Don embarrassed.
   Certainly there are SOME differences, Don is Married, and does not have
any enemies, well,  not many!   In my eyes, they are both human, and both
friends.
I have been a fan and friend of Uncle Scrooge for more than 40 years, and  of
Don Rosa, for 14.

Barry.