Duck Family Tree

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Tue Mar 20 01:48:39 CET 2001

While we are on the subject for Donald's relatives, I never have seen at
least 2 mentioned on any of these lists:

(1) Dick Duck (Private Eye) (Detective) - a cousin of Donald's.  He was
used in an early 1960s story drawn by Tony Strobl.  it was printed in
"Donald Duck" comics - an issue in the # 90s.

(2) Shamrock Gander - Gladston'es lucky nephew - used in a 1952 or 1953
story in "Donald Duck" drawn by Dick Moores (or Paul Murray?).

I also remember a Jack Bradbury - drawn story from 1953 or 1954 from a
"Duck Album" - in which Donald and Nephews go out West to visit Donald's
cousin who was an oldtime Western (cowboy) hero.  he was a small town
Sheriff (I believe).

Can someone provide exact information on these?

Gladstone's lucky nephew has Gander as family name.  That means he must be
the son of Gladstone's brother, or Gladstone's uncle.  Is Gladstone's
Brother named on anyone's tree or list?  Shamrock is lucky.  His father
must be lucky too.  I have seen stories telling that EVERY member of the
"Gander"
family.

I seem to remember many more single stories drawn between 1959 - 1964 in
the Dell/Gold Key series which used relatives of Donald on a one-time story
need basis.  Shouldn't they all be added to the family tree.  If the
"Gospel"  is not Barks alone, but we add Rosa and the Italian added
characters, should we not add all the older US added characters?

Any additional information would be appreciated.  - Rob Klein

family is disgustingly lucky.  Any information on this?