Moby Duck, Buckaroo Duck & Shamrock Gander

Rich xephyr at jps.net
Tue Mar 20 18:46:07 CET 2001

From: "Gilles MAURICE" <goofy313g at infonie.fr>
> I don't think Moby and Dimwitty are related to Donald...

Actually, in the TV Cartoon "Pacifically Peeking" in which Moby Duck was
introduced (just shortly after appearing in his first comicbook story in
1967) he was indeed introduced as a relative of Donald's... I just can't
remember if it was as a distant cousin or another Uncle... I think it was
as a cousin.  DimWitty, on the other hand, I'm not sure if he was introduced
as a relative or not.

From: "Rob Klein" <bi442 at lafn.org>
> (2) Shamrock Gander - Gladston'es lucky nephew - used in a 1952 or 1953
> story in "Donald Duck" drawn by Dick Moores (or Paul Murray?).

Shamrock has reappeared in some Brazilian comic stories as well (he is
called Trevinho in Brazil).  One such story is "O Trevinho da sorte"
(B770112) from DISNEY ESPECIAL #74.

> I also remember a Jack Bradbury - drawn story from 1953 or 1954 from a
> "Duck Album" - in which Donald and Nephews go out West to visit Donald's
> cousin who was an oldtime Western (cowboy) hero.  he was a small town
> Sheriff (I believe).

That would be Buckaroo "Buck" Duck.  See:
http://www.jps.net/xephyr/rich/dzone/hoozoo/buck.html
I've read somewhere that he, too, is supposed to be a relative of Donald's
but I can't find a source.  Buck has appeared several times, starting with
the tale you mentioned, and then in his very own stories without Donald
and the Nephews.

Rich Bellacera
xephyr at jps.net