Off topic:Ruff + Reddy

Gary Pantzer gpantzer at ny.tds.net
Sun Mar 25 17:46:37 CEST 2001

One day last week I got into a conversation with a co-worker
about tv cartoons. We had many favorites in common such as
Huckleberry Hound. When I mentioned watching Ruff+Reddy
he was lost.  I bored him with a tale of living in the 50's in the
wilds (literally) of Wisconsin where we got one channel and how
on Saturday morning I would sit in a dark room to watch R+R
(sunlight would wash out the tv image). He never saw it as he is
8 years younger than I. The very next day,listening to the radio,
I heard the theme from the Huckleberry show followed by the
news of Hanna'a death. It was nice to see that Dan Shane can
still remember R+R too.