CARL BARKS: 1901-2001

Apostolis Trikourakis komixgreekpage at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 00:41:17 CEST 2001

Today is a day of both happiness and sadness...
If Carl Barks lived today, he would be 100 years old.
And that's something important for us. Our lovely
master supplemented 100 years of life. If he was here,
he would sit down in his table, in front of a big cake
with 100 small candles, and with all his characters
around him, and he would smiled.
Unfortunatelly, God wants Unca Carl to be in paradise,
so we have to celebrate without him.

Without him? No, Unca Carl is here today! His
characters is here and also he's inside our hearts. So
many people working everyday, drawing and writing
stories: from Don Rosa to Romano Scarpa, from Giorgio
Cavazzano to Ben Verhagen, from John Lustig to Daan
Jippes, from so many people whose their purpose is to
draw their favourite characters, those ones which they
read decades before. And I want to thank them ALL.

Unca Carl is alive inside our hearts. We'll never
forget him. And each time we want to see him again, we
can just look the sky: one of those stars is Carl (or
we can just read one of his stories)...
Happy Birthday Unca Carl

[Please forgive me for any typographical mistakes I
done]

Best Wishes

=====
Apostolis Trikourakis, Athens, Greece