The swedish/norwegian/danish voting

Theresa Wiegert f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
Tue Mar 27 13:53:49 CEST 2001

Hi, Nils and everyone else!
I looked up the swedish place and placed my vote on Den finurlige Farbror
Joakim, whatever it's called in English, sorry I don't remember. I was
surprised to see so extremely many votes on the squared egg in the Andes
story. Ok, it's a good one, but is it so outstanding good compared to the
other stories? So I'm going with Nils' theory about the deafult being
chosen by mistake...

> (1) The Norwegian page has a very ugly case of
>     "green'grocer's apo'strofff'":
> 	" Vinn praktboken Carl Bark's Beste! "
>     (even on Carl Barks' centennial).
>     I suspect also the Danish and Swedish are incorrect;
>     shouldn't it be a real Danish apostrophe in
> 	" Carl Barks Bedste! "
>     and a real Swedish apostrophe in
> 	" Vinn praktboken om Carl Barks bästa serier! " ?

Öhm.... Nope, the Swedish language doesn't use apostrophes when making a
name in 'owner'-form (i e in my case: the book of Theresa --> Theresas
book. So when a name already ends with an s, it looks the same. I don't
know about Danish and Norwegian, though...

> (4) There is a significant selection bias and basic
>     setup restriction in that the 13 stories with given
>     titles _of course coincides with those in the
>     de Lux book_. You have to be very conscious (and probably
>     more than 13 years old) to allow "other stories" a
>     chance at all. You must in fact also know the precise
>     _title_ of the story.

Yep. Silly!

> (7) Shock! The Swedish site doesn't appear to be _finished_.
>     There might be a `temporary problem', but at least
>     as I write this only _the first 8 of the 14_ are given
>     titles. If you wish to vote for no. 9, you seemingly
>     have to guess your way. Horror!

But the result gives a lot of votes for the places with no names... I
wonder what people voted there...

Now, I'll say KVACK! (swedish) for now... (I haven't written to the list
for quite a while... I wonder how many people are out there lurking just
like me! :)

--
/The

    \)
    / )	  Theresa Wiegert	 	      f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
   / /	  Gibraltargatan 94 - P4                  tel 031 - 81 13 64
  //"	  412 79 Göteborg   		      	     070 - 483 12 11