Happy birthday Unca Carl!

Morten Lied Johansen mortenlj at student.matnat.uio.no
Tue Mar 27 23:13:51 CEST 2001

I normally just lurk on this list, but I couldn't stand by and see all
these people giving their tribute to Carl Barks without saying something
for myself...

I can't say when I first noticed that there was some stories that were
sticking out from the rest, but I think it was around the time when the
first Norwegian "Jubileumsbok" came out... I think I was 10 at the time,
and had a hard time persuading my parents to start subscribing to the
books, too hard actually as I'm missing three books. A few years later I
managed to start the subscription on my own, and today I'm buying all
the duck material I can get my hands on (Getting expensive too..;) in
order to read all the great stuff that's out there.

Carl Barks have made most of the stories I remember from when I was 10,
and I feel a special joy whenever I dig up something where one of those
stories are printed.

Thank you, Unca Carl!

PS. I got my signed copies of The DR archives today, and I'm looking
forward to reading them... I'm sorry I couldn't be there in person to
meet you Don, but I had to coach my basketball team. (Bah... I wish the
game could have been some other time! :)

--
Morten
All computers wait at the same speed.