Steve Geppi....

Becca Ridout skyrat13 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:19:32 CEST 2001

Sorry, about the reply, I accidently sent my first answer only to Gary, and
when I fixed it, I made a mistake....(sorry Gary for getting 3 mails from
me!)

>All I know for certain is that Steve Geppi has been wrangling this
> >stubborn dogie for nigh over two years now, and his determination shows
> >no sign of flagging

Anyways, what I meant to say is, Last night I coincidently ran into Steve
Geppi at a restaurant and had a very nice conversation with him about Carl
Barks (I am very grateful to Mr. Geppi because back in 1996 he threw a 95th
birthday exhibit for Carl here in Baltimore and gave me an oppurtunity to
actually meet the duckman himself. I was only 13 then, and it was one of the
most thrilling moments of my life). It was very sad though, hearing Steve
talk about how he'd hoped to throw another party for Carl's 100th
birthday...sigh....Well, I asked him how his struggle for the Disney
liscense was going, and he said that it was in the final stages. It sounds
very hopeful to me, so English-speaking only fans take heart!

rebecca ridout
(who goes to school in the city that may soon be the home of the new english
disney comics!)