Carl Barks stories...

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 13:08:04 CEST 2001

I believe that most Carl Barks stories take place at the same time as they
are written. But not all of them. His mid'60s stories are the exception. In
some cases. My theories:

- IF the story is written after 1956/57 AND Huey/Dewey/Louie is there as
young boys, the story must have taken place earlier, if it took place at
all.

- IF the story is written after 1967 AND Scrooge is still alive, the story
must have taken place earlier, if it took place at all. (I know Barks
retired in 1966, but in general)

I don't believe in the story "Horsing around in history" at all. It's a good
story, but a fairy tale. Just like Don Rosa's "From Duckburg to Lillehammer"
and thousands of other stories taking place in modern time.

Duckburg today:
As an answer to the question "Didn't all of the nephews inherit Scrooge?"
Yes, they did. But I find it likely that ONE of them has the daily care of
the money (except from the money in the vault, which is a Scrooge post
mortem memorial), ONE is a family man (perhaps merried to Gyro's daughter)
and ONE is "stormogul"/whatever you call it in the Junior Woodchucks.
Perhaps I will write a story about it someday. But, it's just a theory.
Gotta go now.
-olaf-