The Three Caballeros Ride Again Another Time

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Fri May 4 15:04:38 CEST 2001

From: "Olivier" <mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr>
>>>Something I forgot to ask you (sorry to have you dig into
your archives again). (re; "The Three Caballeros Ride Again")
I don't have the film in English. Same p (14, musical number),
what are the lines panel 3. There seems to be a pun that recurs
at the very end.
In French it goes:"brillants comme une peso",
then someone replies "et pas sots?"
and they ansswer "et pas sots!"
That's a pun on peso / "pas sot" ("not dumb").
I can't figure what it may have been in English.

There's no way you could figure out the English from that -- looks like
they made up new words to the song. That's the spot where the song has one
person yell "Who sez so!" and the others answer "WE say so!", followed by
"the Three Caballerooooooooos!" No pun in the original.