Jack Manning cited on "The Jack Kirby Collector!"

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sun May 6 15:06:33 CEST 2001

I was reading an article by a certain Mark Evanier on the New Jack Kirby
Collector Issue, at a certain point, talking about a Kirby's inker Mike
Royer he writes:

"... He workes off-and-on for Western Publishing (a.k.a. Gold Key Comics)
as I later did. Our mutual editor was a man named Chais Craig and I once
asked him: Who among his dozens of freelance artists was the most
dependable? He instantly named Dan Spiegle, Mike Royer, and an amazing,
faster-than-Kirby funny animal penciler named Jack Manning".

Actually I think there are very few disney artists whose style I like less
than Manning's, but I found it interesting to see such reference in an
article about things completely different.

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo (Scarpa)