=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Margarine_and_Garé?=

Halsten Aastebol Halsten.Aastebol at elkraft.ntnu.no
Tue May 8 09:08:25 CEST 2001

At 16:23 07.05.01 +0200, Stefan Diös wrote:
>What I don't know is what the Danish translation of WDC 165 says. It seems
>to have appeared at the same time as the Swedish one, in Anders And & C:o
>2/1955. If the margarine factory is in that text, it could just as well
>have been a Dane who revived it in the 80's. For anyone really interested
>in learning the details from that time, it shouldn't be too hard to find
>someone involved to ask about it - which we can't say as easily about
>1955. Anyway, the margarine factory went on to be a well-known tradition
>in Sweden, and evidently also in Denmark. How about other Egmont
>countries? Does "everyone" know that Donald works in the margarine factory?

The Norwegian version of WDC 165 also has Donald working in the margarine
factory (first published in Donald Duck & Co no 6, 1955).
Just like in Sweden, it has for a long time been considered a fact that
Donald works in the margarine factory (whenever he doesn't do something
else). So much so, that the expression "working in the margarine factory"
is sometimes used as a joke in real life. Most people will recognize the
phrase as originating from Donald.

Halsten